Association of Disabled People is a social organization working in the field of enabling people with disabilities for the last 18 years in India. ADP has observed while working at the ground that most of the people with disabilities in the society were not able to get even the basic facilities offered by the Central /state government. Therefore, ADP was established under the Society Act and became a social organization in December 2002 as a non-profit organization to support and fulfill the needs of people with disabilities in society. We strongly believe that persons with disabilities have all the right to lead a good and social life and contribute to Nation Building. The Association is a nascent body that is set to introduce the inclusivity of the differently-abled in sectors pertaining to academics, sports, vocational training, and allied areas. It wishes to introduce familiarity in areas that were uncommon to the common eye. It also strives for the uplifting the livelihood and aims to introduce dignity. It is working for sustenance with dedication and determination. ADP has successfully implemented its projects and goal-orientated programs for help to the persons with disabilities of all the types and underprivileged.
We are running many social activities and advocacy programs for persons with disabilities like workshops, awareness camps, and community-based meetings. ADP provides free counseling and advice to the PwDs & organizing Conferences, meetings, awards. We are also working for Accessibility for Build environment and ICT, Accessible Tourism, Para Sports & cultural activities, Inclusive Education for Children with Disabilities & empowerment of Women with Disabilities.
- Registered under the Society Act-XXI of 1860, Govt. of NCT Delhi (No. 44379 in 2002)
- Registered under Section 80G and 12A (A) of the Income Act 1961
- Empanelled under the Accessible India Campaign of DEPwD, MSJE, Govt. of India
- Para Sports Foundation (PSF)
- Indian Paralympic Table Tennis Federation (IPTTF)
- Differently Abled Cricket Council of India (DCCI)
- Wheelchair Cricket India (WCI)
- National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (NCPEDP)
- Disabled Peoples International (DPI) -India
- Partner: National Disability Network
- Accessible India Campaign, Department of Empowerment of the Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India.
- Divyangjan Sashaktikaran Vibhag, Govt of Uttar Pradesh
- CSO Partner: Election Commission of India.